Travelers Companies

www.travelers.com

Strong Fortune 500 company overall but St. Paul, MN offices are in slow decline

Associate Information Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsFortune 500, great benefits (excluding pay - see cons); the company has a number of hard-working and talented employees from whom I have learned a lot.

ConsI suspect that pay is somewhat below market. It is a common belief that top executives really want to close the St. Paul offices and sell the buildings. Some people believe that a few years ago the company made a quiet effort to put the buildings on the market but found that there were no good offers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf things stay the same then we will keep slowly losing IT resources in Minnesota as the IT job market continues to improve. It is discouraging to hear reports of strong profits while being told that there is little to no money available for salary for IT - and IT is a critical component of the company's continuing success.

Travelers

Financial (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great culture, smart people, focused management Cons: Very segmented business units and no clear message of where… Advice to Senior Management: clearly communicate message from senior company management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Architect

Architect (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay, Best Environment, Very good culture, Excellent benefits, Friendly… Cons: Little downside on bonus, pay-rise. They offer excellent during the first year and slowly drag… Advice to Senior Management: The concept of PMAS is not well utilized although being followed. They need to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!