Travelers Companies
www.travelers.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Great company with little advancement opportunity

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Diamond Bar, CA

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time

ProsGood benefits, medical (covered at 90% or greater) , dental, vision, prescription medications pension plan, 4 weeks paid time off per year. Claims system is reliable and adequate to perform the job. The overall culture of the organization is conservative. The dress code is business /casual and most people lean towards business. This place is very corporate so be prepared for the usual politics and games that have to be played in order to improve your standing with the office/company.

ConsThis office has some (not all) not so talented supervisors which leaves a lot of talented adjusters, etc without any opportunity for advancement. After working here long enough it is clear that upper management should be aware of the lack of talent in some of their line supervisors, however, I have yet to see them address this issue. Also turnover is relatively high in this office. This should not be the case as the company offers stellar benefits (see pros), It makes no sense to hire so many people and you cannot develop and retain their talent. No bottled water, cups or coffee.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs previously stated by another poster management should consider filling internal opportunities within.

Travelers has no regard for loyal baby boomers & chooses to retain novices over employees with seniority.

Claims Representative (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great co-workers. It is a good place for young… Cons: Most employees who have worked for Travelers for a long time are let go before being able to retire. Hardly anyone retires at Travelers,… Advice to Senior Management: Get get rid of the salary and ranking scale. Ranking does not encourage teamwork. ALL employees want to feel appreciated and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This is a challenging environment but the rewards can be there if you devote yourself to it.

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Middleboro, MA

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are good benefits including generous time off with pay, salary and incentive bonuses. Tuition reimbursement is also sometimes available… Cons: This large company is almost strictly numbers driven. You will be expected to achieve certain (challenging) results. This company lacks consideration for individual "soft qualities"… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate, communicate, communicate. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Travelers Companies CEO Jay S. Fishman. All reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees.