Travelers Companies
www.travelers.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

used to be a good employer but not any longer...

Claim Adjuster (Former Employee)
Middleboro, MA

ProsTravelers is a large company (stability) with good benefits, vacation and sick time, 401K etc. During my tenure they offered flexible work schedules and part time work.

ConsThey don't seem to value their employees. In particular, it appears that long-term employees with higher salaries are being harassed and forced out for perceived "performance issues". I left in 2005 prior to a "mass exodus" of "poor performers". They also did away with flex and part time hours which is a shame for working mothers.

Nightmare!

Claims Representative (Current Employee)
    Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Used to be a great company to work for....now you… Cons: Unit managers are worthless...they need to go back to hairdressing… Advice to Senior Management: Go work at walmart More

It's a big place, so your experience may be different depending on who you work for and/or with

Director (Current Employee)
    Hartford, CT

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: very stable company that is well positioned in the industry Cons: under pay... make sure you are very happy with your comp… Advice to Senior Management: there is some dead weight in the organization and management doesn't have the backbone to address it. As well, there is so much red… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Travelers Companies CEO Jay S. Fishman. All reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees.