Travelers Companies
www.travelers.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Travelers has no regard for loyal baby boomers & chooses to retain novices over employees with seniority.

Claims Representative (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat co-workers. It is a good place for young college graduates who are entering the work force.

ConsMost employees who have worked for Travelers for a long time are let go before being able to retire. Hardly anyone retires at Travelers, and those who have are not long-term employees. There is too much unwarranted micromanagement and negativity. The stress caused is unhealthy for most employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet get rid of the salary and ranking scale. Ranking does not encourage teamwork. ALL employees want to feel appreciated and respected. Please keep in mind employees are people & not numbers; they are also consumers. Only concentrating on the numbers encourages dishonesty.

This is a challenging environment but the rewards can be there if you devote yourself to it.

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Middleboro, MA

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are good benefits including generous time off with pay, salary and incentive bonuses. Tuition reimbursement is also sometimes available… Cons: This large company is almost strictly numbers driven. You will be expected to achieve certain (challenging) results. This company lacks consideration for individual "soft qualities"… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate, communicate, communicate. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Big strong company doesn't equate to job security

Risk Control (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good culture, good people, strong company. Cons: Only a few bonuses given to small portion of consultants as opposed to each of the top performers receiving… Advice to Senior Management: Don't furlough based strictly on seniority, some of the hardest… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Travelers Companies CEO Jay S. Fishman. All reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees.