Travelers Companies
www.travelers.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Solid company

2vp (Current Employee)
Hartford, CT

ProsTravelers is a very solid company, with great a history and a great stock. There are many opportunities to move around within the company, and it is encouraged in many areas. The health of the company is great and they are spending money in areas that are important. IT spending in particular is a focus and great for those in IT.

ConsAt mid-senior level IT engineering/management, Travelers is fair with salary, but has trouble matching some of the more aggressive salaries in the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit the market ratios for IT professionals.

Good Company Some Areas Poorly Managed

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great employee benefits in terms of PTO purchasing and medical. Cons: Senior Management does not manage the managers and look to trend and turn over. There… Advice to Senior Management: Do some employee engagement surveys and have the employees guide… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Team player

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Location in Overland Park, KS is great. Cons: Very large company. Must have buy in to company goal. Advice to Senior Management: Too many layers of leadership. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Travelers Companies CEO Jay S. Fishman. All reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees.