There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Student Intern

Former Employee - Student Intern in Saint Paul, MN
Former Employee - Student Intern in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Meaningful work with great co-workers

Cons

Since I was an intern, I had to wait to get access to certain systems that I needed to do some of my projects resulting in me waiting around with noting to do in some cases.

Also, some co-workers seemed overworked.

reviews filtered by
  1. Anything else is better

Former Employee - Assistant Underwriter
    Former Employee - Assistant Underwriter

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get paid. Nice coworkers.

Cons

Extremely outdated computer systems! There are several redundant duties of having to retype the same information over and over and over again due to the lack of linking between computer systems.. Surfing the intranet is practically impossible - You will not find anything you need or spend hours trying to find it. Micromanaging at its best! Sweatshop work atmosphere. Underwriter and Underwriter Assistant (operations) are given different department goals to meet leading to a major disconnect in productivity, having to defend oneself constantly or being asked to place blame on others. Seems there are more managers than workers. HR does nothing to back up an employee. This may be a good place for juniors in the insurance industry (as there is an intern program) but absolutely not for experienced people as there is a serious lack of system training and transitioning to the company.

Listen to your employees when they tell you training was poor. Get your employees an answer when they ask how something should be done instead of having them guess how to do something and then making them redo and redo and redo an account - documenting and inputting throughout a year to please upper management reports.

Overworked

Former Employee - Account Executive in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The salary. That's about it. Trust me, you will have to work for it. Don't even think about taking vacation days.

Cons

Overwhelmed with work. Expected to travel but no backup handling things in the office. Constantly shifting management, priorities, and job duties. Poor communication.

Manager told us a monkey could do this job in the middle of the meeting. Another manager sexually harassed a woman. Both are still employed there. This place is toxic.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies