Travelers Companies

www.travelers.com

A Stable, Conservative Company that Values Hard Work

Information Engineer (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsIt's possible to do very well here if you work hard and take your responsibilities seriously. Dedication is noticed and there are opportunities to rise fast in the right areas.

ConsTravelers is a conservative company with old school values. Many processes, from recruitment to getting approval on specifications, are still very informal. Sometimes it takes a lot of relationship building and perseverance to get things done. You need to be a self-starter on day one – there’s no hand-holding. They expect a full days work and then some if needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere been a major surge in project management hirings as of late. So much that some projects have two or three of them. A better investment would be in quality management; developing a framework for reducing errors and mistakes at the project level.

Great Company...Great Culture

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent place to grow your career. Cons: Lengthy interview/decision making process. Far too consensus driven at time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Student Intern

Student Intern (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Meaningful work with great co-workers Cons: Since I was an intern, I had to wait to get access to certain systems that I needed to do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!