Travelers Companies

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Workers Compensation

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, Medical Case Manager
Current Employee - Registered Nurse, Medical Case Manager

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job security, learning opportunities, opportunities for those to advance that management chooses, customer satisfaction focused. Busy days go fast, and the work never stops. Team work where you develop relationships with fellow MCM's and CCM's.

Cons

Heavy case inventory, high customer satisfaction requirement with limited time to provide this to customers, inflexible with regards to telecommuting. It is discouraged to provide upper management with clear issues surrounding the day to day issues facing staff. If the issues could be addressed the environment would be improved. High turnover due to burnout.

Allow staff to provide upper level management an honest assessment of the problems facing the work and day to day functions of staff. Allow for alternative methods to complete work. Create an environment of cooperation and engagement with the staff.

747 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

Watch out for yourself, cause nobody else will.

Former Employee - Cat in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Cat in Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Get to travel alot and the office coffee was excellent.

Cons

I was a real employeer who owned a construction company for close to 18 years prior to coming in with Travelers. I was a real honest, genuine, well respected, kind-hearted boss to many employees. When I took the adjuster job I was treated by my managers and fellow co-workers very poorly with no respect at all. Managers are extensively trained how to put you down and keep you down all while appearing to saying it nicely, they actually are trained to do this.

Everybody was looking out for themselves and would use you to further their place in the company, this was widespread and consistent through all offices I visited in the company. I was on the CAT team and the only person who seems to care about your welfare was the head of the dept. but you couldn't trust going to him with any ideas or concerns due to the fact that there were so many sharks in the pool and especially the managers who will do anything they can to make you look bad to further their career in the company. Once he asked managers to leave to get constructive responses from people and everybody laughed. But it couldn't have been more true. There was not one upper management person you could trust because of this, as a matter of fact everybody was like this. This kind of environment is created from the top down and can be internally changed, but it starts from the top.
    If you are not part of the click you will keep to yourself to protect you and your family.
    The managers gave the impression that you could use them as a resource, but this is simply not the case, because they will use anything you say against you in every situation.
    If you are a nice person you will not climb the ladder or get any pay incentives, you'll just stay an adjuster where you belong.
    I wish my experience here didn't feel like a pit in my stomach when I think about it. A good supervisior would have helped with that.

There's alot I could say here but it wouldn't do any good because they know exactly what they are doing.

Company that is trying to change but struggles with mid-level leadership

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Smart People
    Most are professional and friendly

Cons

Accountability is not well defined so compensation is determined more anecdotally.
    Mid-level leadership side-steps problems via organization change (changing job assignments) rather than addressing directly with the accountable party.

Senior Leaders (CIO and up) should set clear, specific objectives and then hold leaders accountable for execution. Demand that peers and leaders provide candid feedback directly to accountable leaders instead of withholding from that leader - using an org change to handle it is covering up for poor direct communication and leadership maturity.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies