There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Great place

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Melville, NY

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people to work with. Very steady job to have

Cons

Once you start in the insurance field, your stuck for life

681 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

Travelers makes it hard to do business for employees and customers.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The good things about travelers are their benefits, PTO options, and pension plan after 3 years if you last that long.

Cons

The many challenges that I run into are system issues. The systems are SO outdated. Travelers is a major player in the insurance industry and it is truly disappointing to see that they are not staying with the times by updating the software within the company to make it easier for everyone to do business. Travelers drilled to me in training that people love fast,quick service. They want a policy over the phone for convenience and direct sales is the way to go BUT the caveat is that you provide your employees systems that move slower than a carrier pigeon. Just this past Sunday I worked and the systems go down. Whenever this happens we have to fill out a down time form which pretty much is a COMPLETE headache! I have worked for 2 other major carriers and never in my insurance history have I ran into this problem EVERY weekend. I lost 3 sales the other day because the system was quote on quote updating when I was in the middle of the quote. I was constantly having to put the customer on hold while the system fixed itself. A 20 minute quote turned into a 2 hour quote. The customer eventually got flustered and so did I and he hung up yelling and saying how he was calling GEICO because he expected it to be less time and GEICO had him off the phone in 15-20 minutes. What a waste! I HAVE ALREADY STARTED LOOKING FOR OTHER JOBS I CANNOT ALLOW THE COMPANY'S GREEDINESS TO HINDER ME FROM MAKING A DECENT LIVING. MY BONUS IS THE WAY THAT I SURVIVE BECAUSE LETS BE HONEST THE SALARY FOR A SALES REP YOU CAN MAKE WORKING AT WALMART FULL TIME. IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO UPDATE YOUR SYSTEMS SO I CAN STOP LOSING SALES THEN AT LEAST RAISE UP YOUR SALES REPS BASE SALARY TO SOMETHING WORTH OUR TIME OR YOUR GOING TO LOSE A LOT OF PEOPLE INCLUDING ME!

please push to update your systems. Instead of wasting marketing dollars on 15 and 20 dollar gas cards that mostly do not convert sink some money into your systems so that employees can start being more efficient and selling more policies.....please!

Account executive

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

Well run company that is a leader in the industry. Quality product to sell.

Cons

Slow to advance career. Easy to feel stalled. Small increases in base salary as focus is on pay for performance.

Work to develop those that have expressed desire to take on leadership roles Before they are already looking elsewhere

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies