There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Love it

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Account Executive in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

In most cases they let you do your own thing as long as you meet/exceed the goals set for you.

Cons

You always have to be careful when you get involved in a project that you don't know the politics behind.

Pay attention to empoyees team promotion.

661 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

Great first job

Former Employee - Claims Representative  in  Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Independence, OH

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros

Travelers was a great place to start my career. Our office was very supportive of its employees and offered rewards and recognition for a job well done. When a hurricane hit and we had to respond and assist as well as handle our own claims management recognized our efforts and would have a snack cart come by. Other gifts awarded for hard work were gift cards and GPS. The salary and benefits were better than most of my former classmates from where they found their first job (mind you I graduated in a recession). I was trained by one of the best managers who has moved on to First Party Medical but she really eased us into the process.

Cons

The only real con I could say is there is a degree of micromanagement that exists. Managers are reviewing files daily and question decisions that are made. Tend to bend and appease the customer even if the decision goes against what is stated in their insurance policy. I understand the phrase "the customer is always right" but to what extent? Sometimes myself or a group of adjusters were spoken to in a way that made us feel belittled. A lot of "fake" personalities from some of the Product Line Managers. While I was there the Claim Center Manager was amazing but I heard he has moved to the California office so I cannot speak on the new individual.

To the top management of the company I would say keep up with business as usual. Travelers made it out of the financial crisis virtually unaffected and I think it is because of the core beliefs that the company has. As for management where I worked I think that they were overall effective but an overall level of trust from Unit Managers to their employees does not seem to exist.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

There are so many opportunities within the company, so many directions to take your career. Great work life balance, great work environment and in certain parts of the company, a very community like feel .

Cons

I really cant say I have any complaints.

Good Job. Continue to be transparent and value your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!