There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Solid plce to work

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros

Great benefits; open promotion possibility; mgrs seem to really want to help employees grow; Get to interact with a variety of business and people

Cons

Can become very time intensive. Sometimes Upper mgmt focuses on minor issue not related to the claim itself. "What was the tire pressure?" questions like that

Too much time in meetings that go on tangents. Not enough time for work. Some goals are focused on abstract things.

667 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

Stable financial position, value the employee, open and innovative environment

Cons

Not techy enough at IT. Nothing more to say. I'm with the company for only a very short time so far.

There seems to be room of improvement on IT and database management.

Stable can be good during tough times

Current Employee - Claims Manager
    Current Employee - Claims Manager

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

I always thought of The Travelers as being a very slow moving company that was resistant to change but that can be a great company to work for during a tough economy. The Travelers stuck with a proven approach which worked for them. The work demands were average. I found coworkers to be very devoted although The St. Paul employees were still adjusting to The Travelers culture.

Cons

The Travelers was not very interested in pleasing the customer which could be frustrating.

Create a better culture for employee initiative. The Travelers seemed to be old school and not give much tolerance for creative thought in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!