There are newer employer reviews for Travelex

Only OK for students or those unemployed looking for a decent retail salary

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Travelex

Pros

Compared to other retasil jobs, this is more comfortable as there is no requirement to stand up for long periods.

The job of changing money is relatively easy.

Cons

Huge amounts of pressure from management to sell various products to customers, most of whom do not want to purchase these products. This leads to a situation where counter staff are pressured into annoying customers as they push for sales.

Pay is relatively low compared to a standard office job, and bonuses are practically non-existant, yet the mount of money an individual can make the company in one days work can be in the tends of thousands.

Working hours are badly managed, with 9-12 hour shifts with only half hour breaks, often very long delays till a break is given (e.g. 7 hours after starting).

Fairer renumeration or adequate bonus for staff would ensure greater job satisfaction rather than the feeling of being taken advantage of.

More importance on the welfare of staff, and less emphasis on sales of products and performance figures that encourage staff to turn away business that would negatively impact on their averages.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Travelex (View Most Recent)

Pretty standard large company. I had a bad boss, so it was miserable for me, but others may have more luck.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Travelex

Pros

Decent hours, benefits, and working conditions ... nothing to write home about ... just bog standard

Cons

Big shakeups while I was there
    Very heavy process involved for everything
    Absentee senior management

Pay more attention to management's results, rather than politics ...

i like the working environment, deal with different ppl from all over the world

I worked at Travelex full-time

Pros

i like doing currency exchange, so much fun

Cons

chance of promotion is not that easy

There are newer employer reviews for Travelex

Worked for Travelex? Contribute to the Community!