Travelex

www.travelex.com

Only OK for students or those unemployed looking for a decent retail salary

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsCompared to other retasil jobs, this is more comfortable as there is no requirement to stand up for long periods.

The job of changing money is relatively easy.

ConsHuge amounts of pressure from management to sell various products to customers, most of whom do not want to purchase these products. This leads to a situation where counter staff are pressured into annoying customers as they push for sales.

Pay is relatively low compared to a standard office job, and bonuses are practically non-existant, yet the mount of money an individual can make the company in one days work can be in the tends of thousands.

Working hours are badly managed, with 9-12 hour shifts with only half hour breaks, often very long delays till a break is given (e.g. 7 hours after starting).

Advice to Senior ManagementFairer renumeration or adequate bonus for staff would ensure greater job satisfaction rather than the feeling of being taken advantage of.

More importance on the welfare of staff, and less emphasis on sales of products and performance figures that encourage staff to turn away business that would negatively impact on their averages.

Pretty standard large company. I had a bad boss, so it was miserable for me, but others may have more luck.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Travelex

Pros: Decent hours, benefits, and working conditions ... nothing to write… Cons: Big shakeups while I was there Very heavy process involved for… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to management's results, rather than politics ... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

i like the working environment, deal with different ppl from all over the world

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Travelex full-time

Pros: i like doing currency exchange, so much fun Cons: chance of promotion is not that easy More

There are newer reviews on Travelex.

Worked for Travelex? Contribute to the Community!