There are newer employer reviews for Travelocity

For the past 6 years, my experience has been a pretty good one

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southlake, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

Medical Benefits
Work from home policy
Talented employees

Cons

Lack of clear communication when new management comes in
Reactive feature development

149 Other Employee Reviews for Travelocity (View Most Recent)

Good money and benefits, bu not well organized

Former Employee - Web Contributor in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Web Contributor in Southlake, TX

I worked at Travelocity

Pros

It was not the most money I could have made at the time but was good money and I could take off whenever I wanted. The work was exciting for the first two years. I worked with a great team that was the best part of it.

Cons

Upper management was not very well organized. So it affect the projects you could do and the direction would change often

Make a decision in a timely manner and stick to it.

Sinking ship without a captain

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

I have to say that the work/life balance is probably one of the best out there, depends on managers - many allow you to work from home on occasion. Also, 5 o'clock and people clear out quick.

Matching 401k and the health benefits match what's typically offered. Campus is nice.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what they want to do and change strategic direction every couple of months. They seem to grab at straws and then realize it's not the right one and keep grabbing at new straws. I'm not referring to being nimble and pivoting but just no sense of where the company should be headed. Even though no one wants to admit it openly, the pervasive morale of the rank and file is low.

Most of the people have worked here for over 5 years or more (I'd pin the avg around 8 years) and rarely does "new blood" enter, which leads to this status quo mentality and the game of always playing catch up.

There are a few bright spots with people trying to innovate but without backing of the higher ups, their projects fizzle into oblivion.

Benefits: Travelocity likes to tout its excellent benefits (the 3 I listed as pros) but in general they are very subpar. Salaries are average to lower than industry peers. Heavy emphasis on outsourcing.

As far as all the free soft drinks, snapple and snacks and office perks other companies tout....welcome to only cheap coffee and a vending machine (yes, you have to pay). Although it looks nice, the onsite cafeteria is not subsidized and is fairly expensive considering the quality of food served.

maybe the board needs to find somebody who is willing to take risk and actually drive the company into a solid, long-term strategic direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelocity