There are newer employer reviews for Travelocity

I love working at Travelocity- I believe in our leader and the team under him to turn our company around!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Southlake, TX
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

They believe in work- life balance like no other company I have worked for.
Even though we work hard, this place is always fun and feels like a serious my second home.
The leaders care about their people and show it in many ways
Everyone here is a team.. and I mean everyone!

Cons

Some of our systems we use to do certain things such as IT problems and other things could be a litle less tedious. That is my only complaint!

148 Other Employee Reviews for Travelocity (View Most Recent)

What happened to this company?

Current Employee - Principal  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

Good Vacation time. Salary not great but ok. Nice People in general.

Cons

Massive layoffs annually and record morale problems make this once glorious company now a distant 4th place in the space. The Gnome alone cannot save Travelocity, It needs smart nimble thinkers to get it to the next level and I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel.

Stop following Expedia and go create something worthy. Empower your people more- They have passion (or they did). My hope is it's not too late.

Working for Travelocity is not a job or career it's a prison sentence and you just pray for parole.

Current Employee - Inbound Travel Agent  in  WiLakees Barre Township, PA
    Current Employee - Inbound Travel Agent in WiLakees Barre Township, PA

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

it's a paycheck, co-workers are friendly as long as they are on the phones like you,when possible you do meet some nice people on the phones who appreciate you and the work you do. You learn alot from the people you speak to on the phones about different places to vacation and visit. There are travel discounts, sadly you rarely get to use them as time off is so difficult to schedule, but whenever you leave the job, as most people do, sadly, you'll know where to visit.

Cons

management is incompetent in it's belief that negative reenforcement produces results. Though you are granted 15 days time off which can be used as vacation or sick time, be prepared to schedule an illness as call in sick and you're penalized. Advancement is more a popularity contest rather than a skill driven promotion. No matter the situation you always have the fear of getting fired in the back of your mind and that is hammered into your head nearly daily. Even people who never smoked in their lives or have quit for years start again to releive stress that sums up to me a very toxic workplace, and I don't mean from second hand smoke.

Answer phones sometimes by our sides so you can understand what we go through on a daily basis. Illness cannot be scheduled don't punish us for needing a day off. Most of all ,listen to us not just assume you know what it's like and maybe then there wouldn't be so much turnover. Respect us as you expect us to respect you. Finally, . Learn to manage with a hands on approach because the glass walls you sit behind are not rose colored, things need to change and quickly, see that there is no morale and only you can change it.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelocity

Worked for Travelocity? Contribute to the Community!