There are newer employer reviews for Travelocity

It had the opportunity to be great, but never quite made it.

Current Employee - Principal  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

work-life balance, ability to work remotely

Cons

shrinking business model, lack of promotions/raises/bonuses, limited/no ability for job growth or advancement

set priorities to agressively compete in the marketplace and stick to them

148 Other Employee Reviews for Travelocity (View Most Recent)

Sinking ship without a captain

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

I have to say that the work/life balance is probably one of the best out there, depends on managers - many allow you to work from home on occasion. Also, 5 o'clock and people clear out quick.

Matching 401k and the health benefits match what's typically offered. Campus is nice.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what they want to do and change strategic direction every couple of months. They seem to grab at straws and then realize it's not the right one and keep grabbing at new straws. I'm not referring to being nimble and pivoting but just no sense of where the company should be headed. Even though no one wants to admit it openly, the pervasive morale of the rank and file is low.

Most of the people have worked here for over 5 years or more (I'd pin the avg around 8 years) and rarely does "new blood" enter, which leads to this status quo mentality and the game of always playing catch up.

There are a few bright spots with people trying to innovate but without backing of the higher ups, their projects fizzle into oblivion.

Benefits: Travelocity likes to tout its excellent benefits (the 3 I listed as pros) but in general they are very subpar. Salaries are average to lower than industry peers. Heavy emphasis on outsourcing.

As far as all the free soft drinks, snapple and snacks and office perks other companies tout....welcome to only cheap coffee and a vending machine (yes, you have to pay). Although it looks nice, the onsite cafeteria is not subsidized and is fairly expensive considering the quality of food served.

maybe the board needs to find somebody who is willing to take risk and actually drive the company into a solid, long-term strategic direction.

Very Nice Atmosphere - Good People

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Travelocity

Pros

Easygoing workplace - flexible with hours
    Lots of fun events, parties, contests etc.
    Nice people who really made me feel welcome

Cons

Job was temporary, and there was no opportunity to stay on. It seems most of the administrative work is done in Texas.

I really enjoyed working at Travelocity in the temp position. I hope to be back one day on a permanent basis.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelocity

Worked for Travelocity? Contribute to the Community!