There are newer employer reviews for Travelport

Good Place

Current Employee - Quality Intern in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Quality Intern in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Travelport

Pros

Place is crowded with all elderly people. A graduate is treated as kid. They all will appreciate our work as the company is old. They all work with 30 years back software. Company is now turning toward open system. TravelPort products are used by airlines. They are very very few companies as travelport

Cons

Work environment is very old

Nothing

102 Other Employee Reviews for Travelport (View Most Recent)

Uncertain of Future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Travelport

Pros

Benefits were good, opportunity to work remotely

Cons

Communication is limited and needs major improvement

Share company strategies and objectives

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Travelport

Pros

Used to be great - most of the people are great and the work is challenging and constantly changing

Cons

Lack of communication - Top Heavy - They claim to be customer focused but I believe it is anything but - most products are being rushed out to market without proper testing or support in place, many of the existing products no longer have developers who can resolve current problems because their expertise is no longer with the company - most were let go during the down sizing. It is very difficult to get anything done - departments do not work together - there was better communication and cooperation when we used outside vendors than there is now.

Go back to the pre-Cendant philosophy Make all companies/divisions at least on the GDS side work off the same systems i.e. problem management and reporting should be on 1 platform - not 3 or 4. Make sure those who have stuck it out through all the cutbacks and downsizing are adequately taken care off and show some appreciation for the 70, 80 and 90 hours a week that have been and still are being put in - and compensate people accordingly . We have enough executives - hire some people who actually do the day to day stuff.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelport