There are newer employer reviews for Travelzoo

Good Job For People Who Can Roll With the Punches and Don't Expect Fast Advancement, or Support From Management

Former Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I worked at Travelzoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Outstanding pay for middle to senior executives - Very good perks - Opportunity to move to another city and still keep your same job - Relatively accessible executive management - Friendly, youthful, energetic environment

Cons

- Stick in the muds when it comes to technology support for employees - Poor support for employees who have to make tough decisions - Goals can be moving targets - Very long "apprenticeship" expected prior to advancement (European model) - You frequently feel overqualified for the set of responsibilities you've been given - Decentralization of organization can be very inefficient, with key silos existing in different locations/time zones - Micromanaging runs rampant from the very top on down

Advice to Management

Support your executives in satellite offices better. Provide better IT/tech support out of Mountain View (don't make "no" your default answer). Be more consistent in expectations after setting goals. Stop surprising people with sudden, major organizational and reporting line changes.

Other Employee Reviews for Travelzoo

Travelzoo's benefits are much better than I have received at other companies.

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Travelzoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are truly special. We have excellent vacation as well as health coverage. We also have the TZOO Experience that gives us $1,500 toward a trip every year and an extra 3 days of vacation.

Cons

We have a lot of strong people - Type A personalities - and a lot of people who have the power to make decisions. This can cause conflict from time to time.

I Consider Myself Fortunate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Travelzoo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Travelzoo for 8 years and I've had a number of jobs in different industries and cities prior to be being hired on here. My salary is good. The benefits are great. I have 4 weeks vacation, pay minimal for medical coverage and receive a $1.5k annual stipend towards one of our Travel deals.

Cons

Don't have anything to detail..