Travis County, Texas
www.co.travis.tx.us Austin, TX

TCAD.. A good job with future opportunities.

Assistant Dist. Attorney (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsOne reason to work at the Travis County District Attorney's Office is because of civic duty. It is less pay than a private firm, obviously, but you also get experience at a young age that you could not have at a comparable size firm. You have the opportunity to seek justice, prosecute criminals and know that you are adding to the community you live in.

ConsThe pay is much, much lower than comparable agencies for lawyers. It is sometimes a thankless job in sending criminals to prison. The budgets, facilities and parking situation are noticeable. You sometimes feel as though you're fighting an uphill battle.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice.

Travis County

Legal Secretary (Current Employee)

I have been working at Travis County, Texas

Pros: Benefits are great and the paid time off is unbelievable. You get almost… Cons: however it is not very stimulating. It takes years to… Advice to Senior Management: I would advice them to communicate more to their employees about big changes rather than the day of. Also, some of your employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Working for the Man

Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Travis County, Texas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Depending on which agency you work for, the work can be quite meaningful and the ability to help the… Cons: Working downtown (as most county employees do) can be a hassle with traffic and whatnot. … Advice to Senior Management: It would be profoundly helpful if management did a review of the work environment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Travis County, Texas.

Worked for Travis County, Texas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travis County, Texas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Travis County, Texas CEO Samuel T. Biscoe. All reviews posted anonymously by Travis County, Texas employees.