Travis County, Texas

True public servant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Travis County, Texas

Pros

Good retirement plan, a wellness center to help save co-pays with insurance, mostly pleasant co-workers, longvity pay after 4 years, fair accumlation of vacation and sick time, reasonable number of holidays.

Cons

commuting to downtown or Airport site, parking can be a problem as it takes 7+ years to get a parking space, pay is better outside of the county, some employees don't pull their fair share of the work load,

Yearly performance evaluations should be done with the employees, and employees should have an opportunity to evaluate management. Try to be more open to suggestions by employees. Stand behind the people that work for you.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Travis County, Texas (View Most Recent)

Travis County

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Travis County, Texas

Pros

Outstanding benefits, structure, location, office, kind staff, helpful departments; customer service attitude; attention to detail; growth potential; slower pace; relaxed

Cons

adverse to change; lacking diverse skill sets; slow to advance ment; out dated business operations; not on the cutting edge

Groom through mentoring, education and management leadership staff internally to assume key positions within the County. Build leaders of tomorrow out of the people you have today.

You could do a lot worse.

Current Employee - Assistant County Attorney in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant County Attorney in Austin, TX

I have been working at Travis County, Texas

Pros

The work-life balance is about as good as you get in the American working world. You get a shiny badge because you're a prosecutor. If you like local politics, as I do, then you couldn't be more in the middle of it working anywhere else. And you get to work for the public good, which should make your mama proud.

Cons

The building in which the County Attorney is forced to have his offices is a piece of crap. You won't have a window in your office anytime soon. Some elected officials (not my boss, of course) have a job only because they managed to get elected---you will be working among them.

Remember the passion you felt tin wanting to have a positive impact on the world and to leave a mark on it, too, when you were younger.

There are newer employer reviews for Travis County, Texas