Travis County, Texas

www.co.travis.tx.us

You could do a lot worse.

Assistant County Attorney (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe work-life balance is about as good as you get in the American working world. You get a shiny badge because you're a prosecutor. If you like local politics, as I do, then you couldn't be more in the middle of it working anywhere else. And you get to work for the public good, which should make your mama proud.

ConsThe building in which the County Attorney is forced to have his offices is a piece of crap. You won't have a window in your office anytime soon. Some elected officials (not my boss, of course) have a job only because they managed to get elected---you will be working among them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the passion you felt tin wanting to have a positive impact on the world and to leave a mark on it, too, when you were younger.

TCAD.. A good job with future opportunities.

Assistant Dist. Attorney (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Travis County, Texas

Pros: One reason to work at the Travis County District Attorney's Office is because of civic duty. It is less pay than a private firm, obviously,… Cons: The pay is much, much lower than comparable agencies for lawyers. It is sometimes a thankless job in sending criminals… Advice to Senior Management: No advice. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Travis County

Legal Secretary (Current Employee)

I have been working at Travis County, Texas

Pros: Benefits are great and the paid time off is unbelievable. You get almost… Cons: however it is not very stimulating. It takes years to… Advice to Senior Management: I would advice them to communicate more to their employees about big changes rather than the day of. Also, some of your employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Travis County, Texas.

Worked for Travis County, Texas? Contribute to the Community!