There are newer employer reviews for Traxxas

Best gig I've ever had

Current Employee - Engineering in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Engineering in Plano, TX

I have been working at Traxxas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the ideal place to work as an engineer. The product is challenging yet fun. Constantly developing new product. The product goes from idea to ship very quickly. It is great to be able to walk into a hobby shop, point at a Traxxas product and say "I did that". This place rocks!
Sales continue to grow year over year. In this tough economy that is an encouraging sign.

Cons

The buildings are aging but the company is moving to a new headquarters this year.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Traxxas (View Most Recent)

RUN dont WALK from this place.

I worked at Traxxas

Pros

I would recommend talking to ANY ex-employee of this place for a real review, they will 100% tell you to run, don't walk, run away from this company! It seems like a fun company but looks can be deceiving. Say goodbye to your home life or any chance at seeing your kids grow up. They will expect you to cancel doctor appointments etc to make one of their useless trips to promote their product. They have attorneys to fight any grievance from an employee, as well as any customer that has been injured, blinded, or killed by their product OR THEIR MANAGEMENT (yes, check the news). They deal in ultra-micro-management and only what they say, goes. If you stand up for what you think is right, they'll send you packing. Anyone who has been there for a number of years, you can bet they are brown-nosing. We've seen disrespectful people stay because management is afraid of them, so that is a great tactic. The hiring process, it is very simple to get in, but to stay, you must kiss up all the right people or they'll fire you without blinking an eye, after 90 days.

Cons

Company will drive you to the highest stress you can imagine due to production overseas and trying to keep up with managements changes at the last second. It's a shame, it should be fun, but it's not. You will lose your family (ask management) and probably develop medical issues because of this miserable place. All while the owner and his oopah-loompahs laugh all the way to the bank.

Step back and remember how you came to where you are. All of the people who got you there wouldn't give you the shirt off their back. Your management is well known, well known for back-stabbing.

Huh?

Current Employee - Huh? in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Huh? in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Traxxas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Huh? It's good here kinfolk. The pays nice, they give you a nice Christmas gift, you can win a vacation at the Christmas party, they let you go to Dr. Appointment. Great health care benefits, the best I've ever had.

Cons

Huh? If your traumatized by radio controlled vehicles then it can be a scary place to work. I my self was in a terrible RC car accident a few years back. I was hit head on by a REVO that swerved in to me. We later found out that the driver of that REVO was under the influence. My employee discount got my Slash repaired and running again, but the emotional scars from that night will forever haunt me.

Huh?