Trend Micro
www.trendmicro.com Tokyo, Japan 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good place to start a career

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Trend Micro

ProsTrend is a good place to work for people beginning their careers. TM likes to "mold" employees so their way of doing things and this is best done with junior people.

ConsTrend does not do a good job of respecting the various cultures represented. There is a disturbing "us v them" mentality between corporate and the rest of the regions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to improve communication. Employees want to know what is happening with the company and not with a "spin" but in reality. Also, you need to have a strategy versus letting things just happen to the company. Bring in stronger leaders with experience in larger organizations and you may have a chance for success.

Stay away, far away.

Linux Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Trend Micro

Pros: During my time there I met a number of very talented people who I greatly enjoyed with. Sadly they're slowly… Cons: The absolute worst part about working at Trend was the amount of thinly veiled racism that permeated every decision by management. The Philippines office, despite… Advice to Senior Management: Nepotism is not a viable hiring strategy long term. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Place to work for but not for long term.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Trend Micro

Pros: The company treat employee well with good benefits. For a software engineer, it provides challenge and good environment to stay on top of technology.… Cons: Not a US based company, a lot of decision will come from overseas. Jobs are been INSOURCED to… Advice to Senior Management: Too much change will confuse your employees. More

There are newer reviews on Trend Micro.

Worked for Trend Micro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trend Micro reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trend Micro CEO Eva Y. F. Chen. All reviews posted anonymously by Trend Micro employees.