Treyarch

www.treyarch.com
  www.treyarch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Treyarch

Lots of learning opportunities but you will spend a lot of time at work.

I worked at Treyarch

Pros

It may be second to Infinity Ward in the video game world but you're still making AAA games. Making a game that gets played by millions around the world is no joke. You'll learn a lot about making amazing games and working with some amazing people. If you're good at what you do then you rise to the top quickly and get noticed.

Cons

Crunch is the biggest problem with this studio. They over do it and burn people out quickly. Unfortunately it's now part of the culture and the employees expect it and do it without question. They're also living in the shadow of Infinity Ward and have problems with innovation.

Downsize and plan ahead. There are way too many people working there, so cut some of the dead weight. Allow designers to design the game without producers taking over. No one HAS to crunch. When you crunch it shows that you don't know how to plan correctly and you don't know how to stop feature creep.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Treyarch (View Most Recent)

Learned a lot, but needs better organization and leadership

I worked at Treyarch

Pros

work with smart people
    laid back environment
    learned a lot

Cons

Political
    Poor management
    better processes and tools needed

improve organization

Testers are a dime a dozen

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester

I worked at Treyarch

Pros

Casual dress code
    Consistent work load
    I don't have much more positives than that. I was hired as a contract employee 3 years in a row with the possibility of being taken on full time dangled in front of me constantly. After realizing that wasn't a possibility and that it wasn't happening for any of the other contract employees, I realized it was time to get out.

Cons

60+ hour work weeks
    Was let go at the end of my contract 3 years in a row (with everyone else in the department). There was no skills assessment or review of any type. The only way to know that you were doing well enough was if you were rehired the following year. Management looks for warm bodies to fill seats rather than keeping telent around.

There are newer employer reviews for Treyarch