There are newer employer reviews for Treyarch

Fun times, but no room to grow.

Former Employee - 3D Scan Technician in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - 3D Scan Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Treyarch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capture Team was amazing to work with. Equipment provided was usually cutting edge. Got to work with interesting people from other parts of the entertainment industry. get to scan interesting items. Isolated from Corporate and Developer Drama

Cons

No room to grow (no junior, senior, or lead positions). Isolation meant it was hard to connect to Developers and learn new skills.

Other Employee Reviews for Treyarch

I learned a lot, but I would never do it again.

Former Employee - Associate Producer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Associate Producer in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Treyarch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned more in my first 6 months than most people learn in years about the gaming industry. As an Associate Producer, I was put in charge of games nearly right away with a minimal of oversight. If you do well, you'll quickly get the opportunity to assist/lead multiple titles at a time. You'll get the opportunity to provide input and opinions on high profile titles as well.

Cons

The hours and crunch will...be...brutal. My first year, I put in 4 months of 6-7 days per week crunch (10-14 hour days early on, ramped up to 12-16 hour days near releases). My second year, I crunched nearly non-stop for 7 months, including more than a few monstrous 24+ hour marathon shifts. Due to the fact that my off-site developers and vendors were everywhere from East Europe to China, I was constantly working off hours to set up conference calls at any time of the day or night. Due to the location in Minnesota, wages are not competitive to the rest of the industry. Pay and work/life balance are both common complaints from within this studio. The culture can be very aggressive and the humor can be quite scathing, even more than other gamedevs/publishing studios.

Generally, great people working hard and committed, but highly dysfunctional organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

fun products committed colleagues willing to go the extra mile tactically, the best at retail good a focusing on the big opportunities generally talented people

Cons

little or no strategic vision generally, low integrity environment highly politicized atmosphere non-existent HR function employees are fungible

Advice to Management

Create and articulate a strategic vision Be honest with employees about what you are and are not trying to be as a company Focus on development and career paths (unless that's not what you are seeking to do - in which case see the prior comment)