Tri-State Generation and Transmission

www.tristategt.org
  www.tristategt.org
There are newer employer reviews for Tri-State Generation and Transmission

Review From a Current Employee-I Love It Here!

Current Employee - Operations in Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Operations in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Tri-State Generation and Transmission full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working here for 20 years and I have loved it every day. Tri-State has been a great place to have a career. I get a great salary, the industry has always been stable, my co-workers are great and I get excellent benefits. I have also had a lot of opportunity for advancement. In fact, Tri-State paid 100% for me to get my Masters Degree. They have also paid for me to go to multiple training classes.

Since the HR department has been a complaint on here, I know the department just got a new Senior Manager. My boss said that HR is starting to implement a lot of new technology and upgrade many processes. Too bad a lot of these people writing reviews aren't around to see it. I bet things will start changing for the better.

I work in a great department with a good manager so I can't complain. Like any workplace there are some good managers and some bad ones. From my understanding, a program is being created to better train managers. My manager is a good guy that always understands work/home balance.

Cons

The building is getting pretty outdated in a few parts. I would suggest some remodeling done.

If employees are having difficulties with management, get those employees some assistance. Also the managers might need more training.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Tri-State Generation and Transmission (View Most Recent)

Stable place to work

I have been working at Tri-State Generation and Transmission full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The salary is competitive and the benefits are fair. There is a defined retirement plan which is hard to come by these days. There is education reimbursement to encourage further skills.

Cons

There is not enough encouragement towards initiative. Project planning and follow through is lacking. For many, there is too much of an old boys network.

Too top down.

360 Degree Appraisal / Review Process - Heck No, Not Here!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I worked at Tri-State Generation and Transmission full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Since this is an energy company, employment is secure. The benefits are good. Overall, co-workers are friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

The good old boys' management style is alive and well at Tri-State. There are only one or two females in top management level positions. Top management does not ask for input from the senior managers or from the employees doing the work.

The HR Department needs a complete make over. The department is out dated in their thinking and procedures. For example: they do not provide an 'Anonymous Suggestion Box' nor do they use a 360 degree appraisal / review process. Unfortunately, employees do not enjoy the benefit and balance that a 360 degree process would provide. Employees should be allowed and encouraged to seek anonymous input from their co-workers, inside and outside customers. Appraisals / reviews from one's manager can be extremely baised leaving the employee nowhere to turn. God help you if you don't see 'eye to eye' with your manager.

HR should be training their supervisors to be good managers. All managers should be on the same page with regard to being flexible, etc. My manager had absolutely no 'people skills', no complements, no flexibility. My manager was always right and I was always wrong. As an employee, I never felt appreciated or valued. Team building does not exist.

Make sure the HR Department is up with the times - using the newest and best - thinking and procedures. The current depoartment leavres much to be desired.

There are newer employer reviews for Tri-State Generation and Transmission