There are newer employer reviews for TriNet Group

Super place to work

Current Employee - Vice President in San Leandro, CA
Current Employee - Vice President in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at TriNet is a great combination of challenging, fast-paced, team-oriented, continuous learning, good people and fun. The employees are aligned toward a common vision (helping small businesses achieve their visions). There are minimal politics, and people are willing to go out of their way to help colleagues, even if it requires something beyond their core responsibilities.

Burton Goldfield, the CEO, is extremely passionate and hard working, and his enthusiasm is infectious.

It's nice to work at a company that is committed to community and service. TriNet Cares is a fabulous program. It is not a once a year activity; it is ongoing.

Cons

Sometimes the here-and-now work is so consuming that I don't get to spend adequate time of longer-term planning. The good news is that this is due to the rapid expansion and ambitious growth goals, but it would be nice to have more time to focus on longer-term planning.

Keep over-communicating the vision so that as we expand all employees are aligned. Keep pushing for growth and disruption of our industry. Keep investing in hiring great people. Keep the element of fun in the culture. Keep supporting TriNet Cares.

105 Other Employee Reviews for TriNet Group (View Most Recent)

Business Decisions that may Work in Silicon Valley May Not Work Nationally

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HRIS is a nice selling point to prospects. Specific target markets such as Venture Capital, Green Tech, Bio Tech and the Organic Foods works well in California.

Cons

C-Level executives "Think Locally and Act Globally". Thinking locally will not always transfer to other markets.

Management is focused on increasing revenue and client size through acquisition. Organic growth has been horrible, along with the client retention associated with acquisitions.

Most markets outside of California have had over a 200% turnover in the sales force in the past 3 to 4 years.

Most acquired markets have lost 100% of their client base due to a stubborn "one size fits all" perceived solution by Silicon Valley Executives.

Clearly, TriNet management was unprepared for the Gevity acquisition of 2009 (simply review client and internal employee retention rates). Let's face it, they acquired a company (Gevity) that was 5-6 times their size.

The acquisition and overall performance woes continue today based on Senior Management turnover. Who is left? Burton by my count. I feel as though "The Emperor Has No Clothes".

Allow regional markets to have a greater influence!

TriNet Group Response

Oct 15, 2013Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concern. We learned many, sometimes difficult, lessons with the acquisition of Gevity and have taken many steps since to make corrections where necessary ... More

save your time and energy

Current Employee - Undefined in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Undefined in Reno, NV

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

its a paycheck for a while.
    pockets of good people that know what they are doing.
    my vp of operations is great to work for.

Cons

if they are smiling at you watch for knife at all levels, more politics then a government.

Senior management first PEO experience is at this company all except three.

acquisition strategy - whats that?

Employees benefits are touted as great, they are ok to any other company.

Many pockets of hostile work environments - thought they were HR experts.

Sweatshop with no real direction.

wouldn't make a difference

TriNet Group Response

Oct 15, 2013Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Glassdoor. We are alarmed to learn you have experienced hostility and politics within your work environment and encourage you to reach out to ... More

There are newer employer reviews for TriNet Group