TriNet Group

There are newer employer reviews for TriNet Group

Senior Developer

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in San Leandro, CA
Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in San Leandro, CA

I worked at TriNet Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy commute, occasional mixers, some nice co-workers but not many. Easy place to park. Can take BART

Cons

Dysfunctional org and technology. They have grown through inorganic acquisitions and destroyed many orgs along the way.

Cash in your options and move on

May 1, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We have experienced tremendous growth in recent years which is both exciting and challenging. The task of integrating organizations and ... More

121 Other Employee Reviews for TriNet Group (View Most Recent)

Company fills an important niche but chaotic, unsettling work environment negatively impacts clients and employees

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very dedicated, committed people in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The place is better than what it was a few years ago - so training is better, processes are better, the systems are better, etc. - the company improves itself through experience. There are opportunities for employees to move around the company and pursue other career interests.

Cons

High turnover in people across many different departments including Sales, Service, IT, etc. due to unrealistic work expectations, imbalance between work/life - I have seen people at "every" level of the company stressed out way beyond what is acceptable. Disconnect between different departments (especially at the management level) which has resulted in less than optimal results. A SaaS company which needs better software, systems and technology to lay its hat on.

None. The company's focus has been to go public so investors can diversify/cash out. Growth both organic and through acquisitions has been the mantra regardless of the consequences. I am aware of the "Great Place to Work" initiative. The company would not need the initiative if it would listen to its employees and improve how it manages the business. Everything starts from the top, and trickles downward. Furthermore, it is a little unnecessary for the HR department to respond to comments on this website. I could go into much greater detail or darker corners but my comments are for the public. I appreciate that people are finding their experiences at the company to be rewarding; and do not want to impact that.

Apr 8, 2014Public Relations

As a current employee, we’d like to thank you for your years of service and genuinely appreciate your feedback. For a company our size, it’s vital that we continue to gather feedback from our ... More

Really good company to work for.

Current Employee - Account Services Consultant
    Current Employee - Account Services Consultant

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They constantly are having some sort of pot luck, or employee lunch, or something available for the employees. Also, they have giveaways for employees where you can win iPad's or trips to other office Christmas parties.

Cons

The training leaves much to be desired, therefore, when you start it kind of feels like you're drowning in the deep end of the pool. Additionally, the training decks have paragraphs of info rather than main points.

Hire trainers that can train. I've been a trainer, and took this position for specific HR experience. It seems obvious that the tenured learning consultants haven't had any learning design experience.

Mar 14, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for your valuable insight and taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to thank you for your continued service with TriNet. We are working hard to enhance training programs for ... More

There are newer employer reviews for TriNet Group