TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Doing Whatever It Takes will ultimately kill you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Pros

The mission is good supporing the military beneficiaries.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. This place will work you to the bone. In fact they are now complaining about the healthcare costs going up but people are so stressed out they are getting sick and using their health care benefits. I'm in management - my Director and VP are micro-managers, terrified to allow managers to do their job. The hourly staff are disrespectful, have an entitlement attitude and frankly most are not that intelligent. This company has the worst HR dept. I've ever encountered. Vague or no policies and no support to managers. I can't wait to leave. And I do not think this company will get the next DOD contract anyway.

Get a new HR VP who knows what they are doing. Treat your middle managers with respect and remember we are employees too. The focus is keeping the hourly employees happy at any cost and treating managers like slaves, while the directors and VPs act like the elite. We are always given projects as the last minute with no warning and it has to be done yesterday which angers the hourly folks. This is a reactive environment with very little creative thinking, pretty much modeled after the military and government way of doing things. I've had it. I need to work in the commercial world again. I'm gone as soon as I find another position - I will check out the next company more carefully to find out how they treat management.

45 Other Employee Reviews for TriWest Healthcare Alliance (View Most Recent)

Standing by their employees in a difficult time

I have been working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

rewarding work, good work-life balance, benefits, fitness reimbursement, telecommuting

The management has done a fantastic job with an awkward situtation. They have been very supportive while we are transitioning out to other jobs- including providing resume writing workshops, outplacement training and job fairs.

Cons

losing the T3 contract puts most of us out of work.

provide company updates faster

Good Company - Sad to leave

I have been working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Pros

Benefits, PTO, communication, incentive programs

Cons

pay, advancement opportunities unless in corporate office

There are newer employer reviews for TriWest Healthcare Alliance