There are newer employer reviews for TriZetto

Frequent reorganization is the norm here

Current Employee - Analyst in Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Analyst in Naperville, IL

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Unlimited PTO for salaried employees. -Great people to work with -casual dress -strong line of products -industry recognition of many Trizetto products -can enroll in benefit plans for your domestic partners

Cons

- unlimited PTO: having unlimited PTO is listed as a con simply because it is dictated by management and the job function. If you have no backup, it becomes difficult to impossible to get time off. Some are made to feel guilty for taking time off and even if you manage to get some time off, you have to be glued to your blackberry or take your company laptop with you to stay plugged in thus "why bother to take off?" - frequent reorganization: in the many years here, have watched the company go through multiple reorganizations in a year. Count on at least 2 per year minimum. - lousy bonus plan: the bonus plan is laid out annually however, we never make the numbers so count on little or no bonus. If you are new, negotiate your money up front because you won't see much more afterwards as raises are pretty sad as well, if you are lucky enough to get one. - crappy health insurance:for a healthcare software company, we have the worst plan with no choices and it is costly for a family to have coverage. - Training lacking: most training is high level so if you are not a self-starter that can learn on the fly or are not lucky enough to figure out how and where to seek information, you will not last long. It is a recipe for failure for many, even when you come in as an experienced person in your position. - no communication between business units, which adds to the lack of clear direction and focus as to what needs to be done. The focus seems to be on getting the next product release out without asking the end user what is needed, does the last one work or better yet, fix the current problems before coming up with some grand release that fixes nothing and causes more problems than it fixes. - way too many VP's and AVP's and above and not enough people to do the day-to-day work. Most of these "titled" individuals are not hands-on so they know nothing of how the day-to-day operations functions so they are basically making decisions in a vacuum. - HR is of no assistance with any real employee issues. You pray that you never have any. Most people who have had issues end up leaving the company for being "thrown under the bus" by inept Team Leads/Managers focused on covering their own butts rather than provide the necessary guidance and work as a "team" and no real assistance from HR. Feel that primary cause is having people in jobs/roles they are poorly suited for or improperly trained for.

Advice to Management

This company has so much potential. The CEO seems to be working in the right direction but rather than keep adding VP's & AVP's, perhaps consider bringing in someone with a background from a successful health plan. Flattening the number of AVP's and VPs that know/do nothing but appear as window dressing. Inter departmental job training leaves much to be desired and many feel left on their own to sink or swim. Finally, learn to respect your current employees and treat them as human beings. When you trust and respect them, they will be willing to go the extra mile for you and the clients.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Decent place, but could get better

I have been working at TriZetto full-time

Pros

They have a very good market share Nice people to work with Work culture is nice

Cons

constant management and direction changes

Advice to Management

Settle on a plan and stick with it

The best co-workers in the industry, the worst upper management (TriZetto)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at TriZetto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easily the best group of people to work with, ever.

Cons

This place (GEDI) used to be the stuff that dreams were made of. A great culture/work environment, the best people, a laid back but hard-working atmosphere. Ever since TriZetto took over in January of 2013, things have rapidly gone downhill. The people are still great, but no one has the support from upper management that they need to do their jobs. As of September of this year, all of the upper management that ran GEDI have left, and TriZetto has officially taken over. Customers are getting angry, products are sliding down a slippery slope into inefficiency, and nothing is being done about it. We used to be able to pride ourselves on offering the best products and the best customer service in the industry, and when we said it, we actually felt it. We were all even willing to work for compensation and benefit rates that didn't even come close to industry standards because we liked the company model so much. That is just not the case anymore. In January, a massive re-org happened to the IT team. Just as everyone was starting to get the hang of things... In June, TriZetto HR came to GatewayEDI and laid off 25% of our IT workforce. The managers of those that were laid off found out the night before that it was happening, and were not able to give any input. Poof...gone. Then, they didn't renew the contracts of the additional help that we had gotten for IT. By month-end, almost 50% of the IT team was let go. 50%!!! That trickles down quickly to other teams and customers. The fixes that need to go in place aren't even showing up on their radar because there's not enough people to get through the everyday problems, let alone pick up the extras. It was truly horrible, made everyone walk on egg shells, led to backstabbing and a horrible work environment. I made the decision to leave the company, and have heard that many others have since done the same thing. My only regret is not getting to see the associates anymore, and I could not have asked for a better team while there. However, feeling like my job is constantly threatened, and working for a company that no longer focuses on doing what's best for the client is not worth it to me.

Advice to Management

Stop doing what you're doing. You're driving the company into the ground. GEDI had a great thing going - you need to go back to that model.