There are newer employer reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Best place to work after college!

Former Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You join because the people and the culture, which are both extraordinarily awesome.

Cons

You leave when everyone that was there when you joined has left. And because the actual work is mind-numblingly repetitive.

Brian Neece is a glorified hall monitor, put in place by the owners to ensure that no one runs to fast or goes to far. Triage is both incapable of, and impervious to CHANGE. The firm's lost potential since it's inception is equivalent to the inevitable, massive exodus of talent that walks out it's doors each year.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Triage Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

Triage provides a positive, culture driven work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

-Open communication across all levels
    -Young, energetic company with fun supportive culture
    -Socially responsible
    -Lots of feedback on career development
    -Defined career path

Cons

-Company generally takes a conservative approach to new initiatives, can at times be viewed as slow
    -Many eggs are in one basket (niche business)
    -Not as much travel as there used to be

-Continue listening to, and acting on, employee feedback

Not exactly what you expect

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are interested in Healthcare, but want to work on the business realm, Triage is a great place. However, our clients are exclusively hospitals, so there isn't much exposure to other healthcare fields. As someone who is interested in the healthcare business, I feel that I am getting a great knowlege base of how hospitals operate and generate revenue, as we work to recover lost cash from insurance companies once accounts have been written off by hospitals as uncollectable. Triage has great work life balance (M-F 8-5:30/6), the people are great and you work in teams of anywhere from 2-8 members. It is a relatively young company which makes the work day more fun. Plus the office is in San Francisco which is a great place to be right out of college. If you are on a travel project, the travel benefits are great as well.

Cons

On a daily basis, tasks are relatively mundane(especially as an Associate): you are on the phone with insurance companies (often time talking with offshore representatives) and in front of the computer all day (not much client interaction). Triage is not really "consulting" per say - associates and senior associates are mostly auditing and sending out bills/appeals to insurance companies for additional reimbursement. It was not what I expected when I interviewed - I was prepared for much more "consulting" rather than auditing and billing. I think that the reason Triage's attrition rate is so high is because there is not much room for growth - associates and senior associates pretty much do the same work.

There are newer employer reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Worked for Triage Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!