Triage Consulting Group

www.triageconsulting.com
  www.triageconsulting.com
There are newer employer reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Not exactly what you expect

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are interested in Healthcare, but want to work on the business realm, Triage is a great place. However, our clients are exclusively hospitals, so there isn't much exposure to other healthcare fields. As someone who is interested in the healthcare business, I feel that I am getting a great knowlege base of how hospitals operate and generate revenue, as we work to recover lost cash from insurance companies once accounts have been written off by hospitals as uncollectable. Triage has great work life balance (M-F 8-5:30/6), the people are great and you work in teams of anywhere from 2-8 members. It is a relatively young company which makes the work day more fun. Plus the office is in San Francisco which is a great place to be right out of college. If you are on a travel project, the travel benefits are great as well.

Cons

On a daily basis, tasks are relatively mundane(especially as an Associate): you are on the phone with insurance companies (often time talking with offshore representatives) and in front of the computer all day (not much client interaction). Triage is not really "consulting" per say - associates and senior associates are mostly auditing and sending out bills/appeals to insurance companies for additional reimbursement. It was not what I expected when I interviewed - I was prepared for much more "consulting" rather than auditing and billing. I think that the reason Triage's attrition rate is so high is because there is not much room for growth - associates and senior associates pretty much do the same work.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Triage Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

The perfect transition from college to the professional world

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

- Lots of responsibility at a young age: At just 21 months in, associates have the opportunity to run their own projects and manage a small team.
    - Continuing education: Lots of periodic training seminars regarding all things healthcare, but also a good amount of leadership development provided by professors from Berkely and UNC.
    - Fun, youthful corporate culture: The average Triage is just a few years out of school, so there is always interest in planning fun activities outside of the office (happy hours, sporting events, etc).
    - Genuine emphasis on corporate social responsibility: Triage provides associates the opportunity to go out and volunteer in the community a few days a year, and there are always charity, donation and recycling drives going on that bring associates together.
    - Work/Life Balance: Working 45 - 50 hour weeks is unheard of at most other consulting firms, but Triage provides just that while still offering generous vacation (starting at 4 weeks/yr) and fair pay.

Cons

- Niche market: Some associates worry that skills learned at Triage are not as transferrable to other jobs since we work in a niche market.
    - Political environment: When it comes to leadership opportunities and promotions, politics can play a role (but what company doesn't practice politics?)
    - All homegrown managers: Nearly 100% of the management team at Triage was hired straight out of school and has never worked elsewhere. While this makes them experts in our niche business market, this also means that they sometimes lack more broad business exposure. Maybe subsidized MBAs would help reduce this worry?

Keep up the good work empowering your young associates to grow and manage, and also maintaining the fun, trusting culture at Triage. Stay open minded and welcome new ideas and changes when they make sense.

Triage provides a positive, culture driven work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

-Open communication across all levels
    -Young, energetic company with fun supportive culture
    -Socially responsible
    -Lots of feedback on career development
    -Defined career path

Cons

-Company generally takes a conservative approach to new initiatives, can at times be viewed as slow
    -Many eggs are in one basket (niche business)
    -Not as much travel as there used to be

-Continue listening to, and acting on, employee feedback

There are newer employer reviews for Triage Consulting Group