There are newer employer reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Excellent people coupled with leadership experience make Triage a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is non-competitive. Employees are intelligent, engaging, and fun to be around!

Cons

The work can be monotonous.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Boring work--nice people

Former Employee - Experienced Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Experienced Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- you will make legitimate friends here at work - travel benefits - fun culture

Cons

- work is super boring and not very challenging, unless you call figuring out why Access isn't working challenging..... - company motto is " don't reinvent the wheel" which has led to the company using super old technology - change isn't really welcome - there is a lot of politics, people taking credit for other people's work - evaluation are usually them raising up issues that don’t matter (you didn't look happy enough with food you were served a a team event, you forgot to put a space after a comma in a report, etc) rather than actual hard contributions you made to a project - they expect you to be happy all the time, smiling and being happy all day while you are on hold on the phone for 80% of your day listening to terrible hold music is kind of hard to do...

Advice to Management

- incentivize your employees so they aren't complacent -a lot of people have the mindset of "What's the least amount of work I need to do to get promoted?" and most of the time it's these complacent individuals who get promoted. - hire diverse people, I see that you are working on it, but it can be better - people literally can't afford to live in the city (student loans + rent + food + commuting) with the pay you offer- I know the you say that we aren't competing with the tech industry, but we kind of are when it comes to cost of living. - recruit outside intelligence for higher roles in the company. For many managers/principals this is their first and only job which means very little info comes from outside the company.

Triage Consulting Group Response

Dec 4, 2014 – HR Director

We are constantly striving for improvement, so thank you for your feedback. You touched upon diversity which is important to us. Because we’ve expanded our recruiting efforts to a wide range of ... More

2. Great people, not so interesting work, fun atmosphere.

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group

Pros

Great first job out of college - culture is great, lots of fun team bonding activities, most employees are between the age of 21-27.

Cons

This is auditing, not consulting. Anticipate to spend most of your day reviewing hospital claims and searching for underpayments. Attrition rate is extremely high.