There are newer employer reviews for Tribal Group

A company with a lot of strenghs but led down by lack of structure and poor communications.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Tribal Group

Pros

The company has a good reputation delivering a range of comprehensive services across to aa wide variety of clients within the public sector and this incluses health, education, local authorities, local government. The skill and knowledge within the organisation is excellent and they have very prestigious client list. There is almost an unprecidented range of servcies incuding architechts, IT consultants, housing and regeneration specialists, HR and recruitment, advertising. This when pitching to new clients was extremely powerful that the company had grown through acquisition and could provide almost a one stop shop to deliver this breadth of diffferent services. Also has the advantage of being abel to provide excellent geographical support to their clients.

Cons

The downsides to working for the Tribal Group are primiarily the lack of cross working between the different parts of the organisation, this is poorly manged from the top and within each operating untit within tribal, this is partly based on the company having grown through acquistion suffers from sub cultures and silo working and I beleive a hughe amount of opportunutes are not utised to truly deliver 'big ticket' sales and maximise account development within the organisaiton, There is also a lack of management strcure and performance management compounted vy poor HR support and inadquate communiations strategies within the operating divisions.

Advice to Management

Analyse the potential of the benefits of working more cohesively and joint opportuities across the group.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. 2015 a big year for Tribal

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Tribal Group

Pros

Worked with some talented and passionate people and achieved a lot in my time with the company. Developed very good working practices in local team and helped support wider business.

Cons

2014 was a very difficult year. Poor trading results and dwindling UK sales on the back of poor product development led management to embark on a major cost cutting exercise. Many talented people have left the company as Tribal seeks to realign its structure to global market. CEO leaving in June reflects board view on current status of company. Further big changes will inevitably follow as there is no chance of achieving projected results for 2015. Support functions have seen a lot of experienced people depart and replaced by cheaper resource. Lack of leadership and direction has seen major disconnect between head office in Bristol and other offices in UK. Management in Bristol have major deficiencies in people skills.

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices and understand the business. Don't pay yourselves huge bonuses on the back of poor trading results.

2. A rewarding place to work

I have been working at Tribal Group full-time

Pros

There is opportunity to develop and progress both within department and into different parts of the business. I have been able to develop during my time here and I feel supported by management. I am able to work flexibly when necessary- which is really valuable.

Cons

The company seems to change frequently- which is fine but it can be difficult to keep track of the changes so I think communication could be better.

Tribal Group Response

Jun 5, 2015 – Talent Partner

Thank you for this feedback, it’s great to hear about your positive experiences of management and personal development. Communication within the organisation is a really important topic, and we ... More