There are newer employer reviews for Tribune Company

Ok but could be better

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tribune Company

Pros

Fast paced environment - friendly people
Historical and meaningful location to work with a miracle every day a paper is delivered

Cons

At times lack of visionary leadership and direction for the future.
The move to more generic news has diminished the space of local investigative reporting

141 Other Employee Reviews for Tribune Company (View Most Recent)

A lot of good people, diligent, and dedicated workforce for the most part.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Tribune Company

Pros

I think the best reasons to work at Fox center on the people that work there. For the most part, people really work hard and want to do a good job as a service to the community. It's a nice facility and management understands the importance of family to it's employees. The former GM tried to communicate his vision for the station, but his vision was often muddled by the bankrupt parent company, Tribune.

Cons

The downside to Fox 59 is the parent company. They didn't seem to value the employees at any of their affiliates and bankruptcy cut out all chances for growth. Change was non-existent or ridiculously slowed by red tape. People there hadn't had raises for three years when I started and had no hope of getting one. It had a very negative effect on morale.

Get out of bankruptcy, pay your bills, and move forward to sell the stations to a group that can run them because you are sucking the life out of the very employees that want to make you great.

This organization has no clear path and is operating in the dark ages

Current Employee - KCPQ-TV  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - KCPQ-TV in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tribune Company

Pros

The Tribune Company has decent benefits and they offer competitive salaries. I also enjoyed very good work and life balance.

Cons

Tribune Company is currently going through bankruptcy. There have been several reductions in force since I've worked here, so most employees company-wide are afraid of losing their job.

On a local level, the approach to digital advertising, marketing, branding are extremely antiquated and traditional. As a result, they are always a few steps behind their competitors.

The way people interact with media has changed. Unless this organization hires leaders who truly embrace digital advertising, they will be in more trouble than they're already in.

There are newer employer reviews for Tribune Company

Worked for Tribune Company? Contribute to the Community!