Tribune Company

www.tribune.com

Crap crap and more crap

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsMet nice people there, nothing to do with the job. It was nice being downtown New Haven, nothing to do with the job. Oh, they payed for parking, that's one good thing, and once in a while they would hook you up with a gift card for a restaurant, which is good when you haven't had a raise in years yet prices go up.

ConsWere to start? the pay, was never that good, but then the raises stopped, and the workload increased. Poor management. They trained us to work on new equipment which allowed them to replace us eventually, not a nice thing to do. Tried to make the work environment as stuffy and corporate as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust get rid of the paper, for the love of our city, it is not what it used to be, not even close, most work is outsourced to other places, (Hartford, orlando etc.) It has no local flavor anymore.

Learned a LOT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Tribune Company

Pros: Great people, hard working, good leadership at Chicago Tribune. Good advancement opportunities and investment in people. The people I worked with were excellent… Cons: Hours were tough, challenging industry. They were a little slow to evolve to the changing tmes, to their… Advice to Senior Management: Keep trying new and innovative things! More

It's a good jumping point for people new to the help desk world.

Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tribune Company

Pros: Network not monitored, personal sites available (facebook, gmail, yahoo, etc) Interaction with lots of different people Many different applications and software Very nice staff (Help Desk) Casual… Cons: Documentation is flawed, consistently being updated without notifications sending out Upper management asks for suggestions to improve, but do not take help desk into consideration when… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people that support your company by it's foundation. Without the Help Desk taking all the calls for everyone, including Technology staff, no… More
There are newer reviews on Tribune Company.

Worked for Tribune Company? Contribute to the Community!