Tribune Company
www.tribune.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Crap crap and more crap

New Haven, CT

ProsMet nice people there, nothing to do with the job. It was nice being downtown New Haven, nothing to do with the job. Oh, they payed for parking, that's one good thing, and once in a while they would hook you up with a gift card for a restaurant, which is good when you haven't had a raise in years yet prices go up.

ConsWere to start? the pay, was never that good, but then the raises stopped, and the workload increased. Poor management. They trained us to work on new equipment which allowed them to replace us eventually, not a nice thing to do. Tried to make the work environment as stuffy and corporate as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust get rid of the paper, for the love of our city, it is not what it used to be, not even close, most work is outsourced to other places, (Hartford, orlando etc.) It has no local flavor anymore.

Learned a LOT

Chicago, IL

I worked at Tribune Company

Pros: Great people, hard working, good leadership at Chicago Tribune. Good advancement opportunities and investment in people. The people I worked with were excellent… Cons: Hours were tough, challenging industry. They were a little slow to evolve to the changing tmes, to their… Advice to Senior Management: Keep trying new and innovative things! More

Educational

Chicago, IL

I worked at Tribune Company

Pros: It was a good experience. Cons: It was a poorly organized company. Advice to Senior Management: It would have been great if inter-office communication had been more streamlined and more organized. There were… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Tribune Company.

Worked for Tribune Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tribune Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tribune Company CEO Peter Liguori. All reviews posted anonymously by Tribune Company employees.