Tribune Company

There are newer employer reviews for Tribune Company

Crap crap and more crap

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I worked at Tribune Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Met nice people there, nothing to do with the job. It was nice being downtown New Haven, nothing to do with the job. Oh, they payed for parking, that's one good thing, and once in a while they would hook you up with a gift card for a restaurant, which is good when you haven't had a raise in years yet prices go up.

Cons

Were to start? the pay, was never that good, but then the raises stopped, and the workload increased. Poor management. They trained us to work on new equipment which allowed them to replace us eventually, not a nice thing to do. Tried to make the work environment as stuffy and corporate as possible.

Just get rid of the paper, for the love of our city, it is not what it used to be, not even close, most work is outsourced to other places, (Hartford, orlando etc.) It has no local flavor anymore.

150 Other Employee Reviews for Tribune Company (View Most Recent)

Learned a LOT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tribune Company

Pros

Great people, hard working, good leadership at Chicago Tribune. Good advancement opportunities and investment in people. The people I worked with were excellent at problem-solving and thinking on their feet. Tony Hunter is an inspirational leader and made you want to succeeded and do well. I had a great experience there.

Cons

Hours were tough, challenging industry. They were a little slow to evolve to the changing tmes, to their detriment. I believe the current leadership can make positive improvements to the morale and outlook for the company.

Keep trying new and innovative things!

It's a good jumping point for people new to the help desk world.

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tribune Company

Pros

Network not monitored, personal sites available (facebook, gmail, yahoo, etc)
    Interaction with lots of different people
    Many different applications and software
    Very nice staff (Help Desk)
    Casual Dress
    Ability to bring your own hardware to work
    Relaxed call-outs (No 24 hr notice needed most of the time)
    Wonderful Management (Help Desk in Orlando)

Cons

Documentation is flawed, consistently being updated without notifications sending out
    Upper management asks for suggestions to improve, but do not take help desk into consideration when making decisions.
    Horrible ticketing system
    Rude, impatient clients
    Communication between teams is almost non existent.
    Hiring system is extremely twisted.
    Active Directory is messy, unkempt, and hard to work with

Listen to the people that support your company by it's foundation. Without the Help Desk taking all the calls for everyone, including Technology staff, no one would be aware of issues that are going on in multiple business units across the world.

Communicate more with staff, especially senior management. Lack of personal messages from seniors leads us to believe that we aren't listened to or needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Tribune Company