Tribune Company

www.tribune.com

Unfulfilling, lack of direction, empty promises

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Consistent hours, full-time pay, downtown location

Cons

Low pay. Tons of turnover, you are considered old if you have been there over 9 months. Lack of leadership and career advancement. There seemed to be a new process to help band-aid fix old processes. There never seemed to be a concrete solution with issues we had whether it be the system, working on the phones, or advancement in the company.

Sometimes less is more, especially considering management.

Other reviews for Tribune Company

Crap crap and more crap

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Pros

Met nice people there, nothing to do with the job. It was nice being downtown New Haven, nothing to do with the job. Oh, they payed for parking, that's one good thing, and once in a while they would hook you up with a gift card for a restaurant, which is good when you haven't had a raise in years yet prices go up.

Cons

Were to start? the pay, was never that good, but then the raises stopped, and the workload increased. Poor management. They trained us to work on new equipment which allowed them to replace us eventually, not a nice thing to do. Tried to make the work environment as stuffy and corporate as possible.

Just get rid of the paper, for the love of our city, it is not what it used to be, not even close, most work is outsourced to other places, (Hartford, orlando etc.) It has no local flavor anymore.

Learned a LOT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great people, hard working, good leadership at Chicago Tribune. Good advancement opportunities and investment in people. The people I worked with were excellent at problem-solving and thinking on their feet. Tony Hunter is an inspirational leader and made you want to succeeded and do well. I had a great experience there.

Cons

Hours were tough, challenging industry. They were a little slow to evolve to the changing tmes, to their detriment. I believe the current leadership can make positive improvements to the morale and outlook for the company.

Keep trying new and innovative things!

There are newer employer reviews for Tribune Company.

Worked for Tribune Company? Contribute to the Community!