Tribune Company
www.tribune.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Company in flux, but still profitable & with opportunity

ProsTribune provides annual training. This company is respected by its media industry peers. Tribune is made up of forward thinking, iconic business units. Tribune provides its advertising sales force with laptops, I Pads and I Phones. The vacation and benefits packages are very good. There are healthy competition and teamwork.

ConsThe Newspaper divisions are operated on a tight budget. The print industry continues to seek stability. Such improvement ultimately may or may not come. Time will tell. Having recently come out of bankruptcy, Tribune has put up for sale its 6 daily newspapers and the subsidiaries of those papers. Employees hope new owners will invest in product quality, improve revenues and lift spirits. Tribune is at a crossroads.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven as the world turns to digital, don't forget the significant value of your print product. Insist on negotiating and receiving prices that are commensurate with the current size of your reading/shopping audiences. What was once worth $10 is today worth $4; but insist on getting what your product is worth. You are not getting enough.

Positive experience with a somewhat unorganized company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tribune Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Offers a good amount of flexibility, at least in IT. Bonuses are… Cons: Unorganization at times. Lack of communication. Often times lack of authority, allowing coworkers to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company - Slow to change

I have been working at Tribune Company full-time

Pros: Great company with a long history of excellence Great culture Great people… Cons: Compensation No investment in technology to stay competitive Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tribune Company.

Worked for Tribune Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tribune Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tribune Company CEO Peter Liguori. All reviews posted anonymously by Tribune Company employees.