Learned a LOT

I worked at Tribune Media

Pros

Great people, hard working, good leadership at Chicago Tribune. Good advancement opportunities and investment in people. The people I worked with were excellent at problem-solving and thinking on their feet. Tony Hunter is an inspirational leader and made you want to succeeded and do well. I had a great experience there.

Cons

Hours were tough, challenging industry. They were a little slow to evolve to the changing tmes, to their detriment. I believe the current leadership can make positive improvements to the morale and outlook for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep trying new and innovative things!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's a good jumping point for people new to the help desk world.

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tribune Media

Pros

Network not monitored, personal sites available (facebook, gmail, yahoo, etc) Interaction with lots of different people Many different applications and software Very nice staff (Help Desk) Casual Dress Ability to bring your own hardware to work Relaxed call-outs (No 24 hr notice needed most of the time) Wonderful Management (Help Desk in Orlando)

Cons

Documentation is flawed, consistently being updated without notifications sending out Upper management asks for suggestions to improve, but do not take help desk into consideration when making decisions. Horrible ticketing system Rude, impatient clients Communication between teams is almost non existent. Hiring system is extremely twisted. Active Directory is messy, unkempt, and hard to work with

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that support your company by it's foundation. Without the Help Desk taking all the calls for everyone, including Technology staff, no one would be aware of issues that are going on in multiple business units across the world. Communicate more with staff, especially senior management. Lack of personal messages from seniors leads us to believe that we aren't listened to or needed.

Educational

I worked at Tribune Media

Pros

It was a good experience.

Cons

It was a poorly organized company.

Advice to Management

It would have been great if inter-office communication had been more streamlined and more organized. There were several times where our team was unaware of where the department was going and our overarching objectives.