There are newer employer reviews for Tribune Media

"We're media! Of course we can treat you like crap!"

Former Employee - Producer in Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Producer in Hartford, CT

I worked at Tribune Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High profile projects and company. Fun co-workers. Nice view from the lunch room (in CT). Health insurance available. Although in downtown Hartford, free parking.

Cons

Company's bankrupt: both morally and financially. Issues with management, both locally in CT and corporate in Chicago. Sub-par benefits.

Advice to Management

Your people do know better than you and provide more value to the company than you. You should value them in return.

Other Employee Reviews for Tribune Media

Unfulfilling, lack of direction, empty promises

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tribune Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent hours, full-time pay, downtown location

Cons

Low pay. Tons of turnover, you are considered old if you have been there over 9 months. Lack of leadership and career advancement. There seemed to be a new process to help band-aid fix old processes. There never seemed to be a concrete solution with issues we had whether it be the system, working on the phones, or advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

Sometimes less is more, especially considering management.

Crap crap and more crap

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I worked at Tribune Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Met nice people there, nothing to do with the job. It was nice being downtown New Haven, nothing to do with the job. Oh, they payed for parking, that's one good thing, and once in a while they would hook you up with a gift card for a restaurant, which is good when you haven't had a raise in years yet prices go up.

Cons

Were to start? the pay, was never that good, but then the raises stopped, and the workload increased. Poor management. They trained us to work on new equipment which allowed them to replace us eventually, not a nice thing to do. Tried to make the work environment as stuffy and corporate as possible.

Advice to Management

Just get rid of the paper, for the love of our city, it is not what it used to be, not even close, most work is outsourced to other places, (Hartford, orlando etc.) It has no local flavor anymore.