Trigger LLC

There are newer employer reviews for Trigger LLC

A Rewarding Experience

Former Employee - Associate Producer in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Associate Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I first started as an Associate Producer at Tigger I didn't really know what to expect. They told me that it would be a lot of hours and late nights at times, which I expected because I had worked as a Project Manager at another organization previously. What I didn't consider was the fact that they had an office in China so late night were more the typical than a sometimes situation. I was able to adjust to this because of the rewarding experience.

I had the opportunity to do a lot of cool things while I worked at Trigger. I found myself working on large projects for even larger movie studios. I got to take meetings on the lot, attend movie screenings, and even a movie red carpet premiere. It was an amazing experience.

Not only did I get to do all of the cool items above I learned so much. Not only from my experiences, but from the team at Trigger on how to deal with larger Enterprise clients.

It was a great experience.

Another pro was the getting the opportunity to worked with seasoned knowledgeable individuals not only in the Production Department, but in Tech and Creative as well.

Cons

Of course the hours were a con, but if you are serious about your improving and learning more about your discipline then this company is a great opportunity.

Also when working with seasoned individuals sometimes they can come off as intimidating. The trick for me there was to push through that by continuing to ask questions. Eventually they wil understand that you care about the projects, and want to learn.

My advice for management, which I shared with them was to focus on the learning opportunities at the organization and to look for employees that were serious about working in the entertainment industry.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Trigger LLC (View Most Recent)

Inspiring colleagues

Former Employee - Web Producer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Web Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Met some of the most competent co-workers i've ever worked with here. Everyone was very professional, respected each other, and got the job done extremely well, which meant every project was one to be proud of.

Founders have been in the company for years - it was a very stable and down to earth kind of environment to work in.

Built an amazing portfolio working here, when i moved home, i didn't even need to look for a new job - the job found me.

Sometimes when i am stuck in a sticky situation at my new job, i would think of how my ex-co-workers will react when they are in the situation and try to approach it the same way.

Would i go back to work if the opportunity arise in the future? Definitely.

Cons

Communication is sometimes a issue sometimes because of the Shanghai team's mother tongue is Chinese, but luckily i spoke both languages.

The longer working hours is true; but this is the nature of the industry. It is the same for every agency i've worked in. It also really boils down to the fact that everyone is really commited to what they're doing. Because there are 2 offices in different time zones with different holidays, you can either drop your briefs in an email and then go home, or stay a bit longer to make sure that the brief is in right, check in on the team to make sure things keep moving.

Capable people only - low tolerance for non-performers. You need to be very good at what you do to earn a place here. Usually within a month, you will either have proven yourself, or plan to leave already.

More vacation days to make up for the longer hours.

Great coworkers in a challenging field

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This place is filled with really creative and smart people, especially management. In an incredibly challenging field of constantly changing technology, the core group here has been working together for over a decade and grown their business when others were shuttering their doors.

Cons

Long hours, some communication issues can arise from working with overseas development teams.

Get more agressive in helping newer/greener staff maintain a sustainable work/life balance. This is an industry that attracts workaholics that will eventually burn themselves out or get wandering eyes for greater pay if they're going to give up a majority of their waking hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Trigger LLC