Trinet Internet Solutions

www.trinetsolutions.com
  www.trinetsolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trinet Internet Solutions

Nice place to work and learn, good people and friendly environment.

Current Employee - Systems Administration/I T  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Systems Administration/I T in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is really a great place to learn new skills, if you're willing to listen and take things slowly. I haven't been here more than a few months, but I am truly learning lots of new skills. Just about everybody is very friendly (of course all people have their idiosyncrasies), and I haven't been stressed out at this job as of yet.

The interview process is definitely long (mine was pretty short compared to some people I've talked to, only two interviews vs 4,5,6?), and I've had some interesting conversations with other employees about the kinds of questions they were asked at their interview... but I recognize the desire to truly weed out the people who wouldn't fit in this environment, who no doubt have been the people who have left the more negative reviews on this site. From what I can tell, they've really revamped the process recently, and have been having more success.

With regard to fitting in, I was concerned that the nature of the client base and religious persuasion of a good number of the employees would be an issue for me, as an agnostic; however, nothing has ever been forced on me, no uncomfortable questions have been asked, and if you can handle people being open about their faith (like having a Bible on their desk), and the fact that about half of the clients are Christian organizations, then you'll be fine. Quite frankly, I'm here to do a job, and what our clients do is not much of a concern of mine, so long as it's legal. Having a difference of opinion or belief would never be a reason to pass up an opportunity to grow personally as a person and an employee in an environment like this. If you're the kind of person that CAN'T handle people having opinions or beliefs that differ from your own, then you should probably lighten up a little, and maybe look elsewhere.

Cons

Currently I'm in an introductory position, and not getting payed a royal sum. I'm lucky enough to be in a situation where I can still make ends meet, but I recognize not all people can afford to take a pay cut like I did, in exchange for the working education. Supposedly I'll be up for a performance review 1 year after my hire date, which would theoretically up my pay, but I won't be able to say for certain about the outcome of that until it happens. Perhaps I will come back and leave a secondary review.

My previous job was at a company with more of a tech-startup mentality, and the environment was considerably more loose, dress code was pretty lax, and hours were more flexible. Trinet is more typical I would say: business casual dress, I'm hourly so tracking time is a big deal for me, most tasks are assigned to your calendar by a project manager and you time your work for each project, and it's generally pretty quiet in the office. In general, there is considerably more structure than my last company. This isn't necessarily a con, but it was a little bit of a culture shock when I first came in. Besides, that last company went out of business because they apparently took the same attitude with their finances as they did with their dress code, so who's to say which company is doing it right?

I'm sure this is probably a pretty lax environment compared to a lot of places, so take all this with a grain of salt. Incidentally, you should always take ALL reviews with a grain of salt. You never know who wrote them, or why they're leaving that review. This site can be helpful in making and educated decision, but only if you use it wisely. That's my pro-tip of the day.

I don't have much advice to management currently, they do have a pretty good open-door policy and I don't ever feel like I can't express myself. I am also the only person with my job title in the entire office, so anyone here can probably figure out who I am based on this review, but I'm choosing to include it anyway because I'm not afraid to share my opinion, and frankly I don't have any real complaints.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Trinet Internet Solutions (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Trinet Is great company. They have a very thorough interview process to make sure they get the right person for the job. Going into the interview process they talk about how everything can be a learning experience if you let it. I couldn't agree more. Everyone has bad days but it's important to see where a person is coming from and put yourself in their shoes to understand the workplace and the people in it better.

Even though it is a small company there are great mentors and learning experience opportunities. There are some wonderful people that work there and I am blessed to be working with them.

Cons

The HR department wear so many hats. They are very undervalued and are constantly working overtime without any recognition of how much extra they put into this company. They really care about the company especially through their open door policy. They really enjoy getting to know employees and talking with them to understand their needs and do their best to try to make it work.

The open door policy is very helpful. Many people are able to get to know HR and have their needs met.

Dont Believe the positive reviews! (Upper Management Writes Them!!!)

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people - Thats it

Cons

Everything- This was by far the worst job I have ever had. They are extremely paranoid, the sales team is not allowed to even talk to the developers or PM I found out later it is because they pay them so little and overcharge the clients. Its truly like working in the twilight zone. Past employees will joke that there should be a "Recovery Group" for those who got out. Its deceiving, from the interview to the reviews on here, but trust me once you get in reality will set in. You will try to ignore it but soon enough you will understand why everyone leaves. Its a bizarre company and Im quite surprised they have managed to stay in business

Stop badmouthing everyone that leaves... everyone that leaves stays in touch and you have a rather large network of people who banded together can easily dismantle your business through word of mouth.

There are newer employer reviews for Trinet Internet Solutions

Worked for Trinet Internet Solutions? Contribute to the Community!