Trinity Industries

www.trin.net

The real "Low down on this company" from a former insider

Senior Director - Operations (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros1. It depends on the group and your manager, there are really good ones and there are plenty bad ones.
2. Growth inside the company depends largely on who you know in the top management. Also, the same as far as bonuses and salary raises. Some get BIG money, while many languish with meager salaries.
3. Company is financially strong/solid and the competition is all small entities in every business they operate in. That makes their businesses very strong and is a good money maker.

Cons1. The CEO "thinks" and advises the managers not to hire the top school graduates or top performers. They focus hiring personnel educated from average or unknown colleges. Also, very rarely you will come across anyone with "great" education. This kind of creates an equal playing field for everyone inside, and does not hurt anyone's ego.
2. Crappy offices, be it HQ or the plants. Work environment is so-so.
3. No socializing within most groups. No group lunches etc. Just work and home.
4. It is mostly "whites", some "hispianics" due to MX operations, very few "other races" in almost all business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis management does not need any advice today, like I said they are money makers. They keep their investors happy. No strong competition so far, but it is bound to happen soon. Got to wait and watch how they respond to it.

When Its Good Is Really Good, When It's Bad It's Really Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Trinity Industries

Pros: I was given the opportunity to move around and learn different aspects of the business and… Cons: When business gets tough, decisions are made based on who knows you and… Advice to Senior Management: More employee focus...take care of your most valuable assets. More

Positive work environment with opportunity to learn and grow.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Trinity Industries

Pros: Direct interaction with upper management Opportunity to be involved with decision… Cons: Very "old" environment Conservative, business minded company Very Formal Advice to Senior Management: Great job developing employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Trinity Industries.

Worked for Trinity Industries? Contribute to the Community!