Trinity Industries

www.trin.net
  www.trin.net
There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Industries

I am satisfied with my current level of employment

Current Employee - Operator C in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Operator C in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Trinity Industries

Pros

A very fair company. No union means no union dues and the company treats it's employees fairly and with a sense of respect. Good hours. Company issued personal protective gear including annual safety boots.

Cons

I am currently having some difficulty finding requirements for advancement to next operator level. This appears to be an issue with a number of employees not just myself. I intend to persue the matter, though, and expect that I will be able to get satisfactory results.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Trinity Industries (View Most Recent)

Proceed with caution, career advancement might be possible

Former Employee - Plant Accountant/Plant Controller in Ashland City, TN
    Former Employee - Plant Accountant/Plant Controller in Ashland City, TN

I worked at Trinity Industries

Pros

You take on the entire plant with no traing or guidance. There isn't a whole lot of advancement possibilites in upper Execitve leves in Tennessee. If you are willing to move, you might do well. Trinity gives one a great opportunity to try to figure out what is going on. The corporate office EVENTUALLY send some brings you in for training that doesn't happen while you are in the corporate office. If you are a STRONG laborer, welder, pipe-fitter, or electrician you have a great potential. If you have a strong desire to become a welder, or take welding classes - this very well might be a good company for you to work. Get some experience, get paid while you learn, then move on to a company where you can get paid for your experience and education. Trinity is a great place to learn welding.

Cons

There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.

The potential trainer leaves a few weeks b4 employee is brought on board. The supervisor and HR manager that interviewed the new employee left less than 6 weeks after the employee was hired. Make sure the new HR manager and supervisor understand what their predecessors expected of the newly hired employee.

Difficult at times.....

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Trinity Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Previous manager was a great teacher. Willing to build you into what the company needs..

Cons

Too Politically Correct! Hourly fight amongst themselves. Dog - Eat - Dog!

You can't do it in todays society.... But stop being politically correct. Get the Job Done. Listen to the Junior Supervisors who have good Ideas. Improve pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Industries