Trinity Industries
www.trin.net Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Good place to learn but pay isn't competitive enough to keep seasoned employees

IT Area (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsGood team culture. Management is understanding of time off needed. Great place to learn advanced technologies for the willing employee. Training is offered although tough to get.

ConsPay is not isn't competitive enough to keep seasoned employees. It is hard to stay when any job offer a person gets will probably be a lucrative raise. The vacation policy is very strange. It amounts to one week vacation the first year of employment depending on what month a person starts. It is a business casual environment but the dress code is strict. Jeans are not allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore competitive salaries would go a very long way to creating lifers. People want to work there but employees are forced to leave for monitary reasons.

I am satisfied with my current level of employment

Operator C (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Trinity Industries

Pros: A very fair company. No union means no union dues and the company treats it's employees fairly… Cons: I am currently having some difficulty finding requirements for advancement to next operator level. This appears to be an issue with a number… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Proceed with caution, career advancement might be possible

Plant Accountant/Plant Controller (Former Employee)
    Ashland City, TN

I worked at Trinity Industries

Pros: You take on the entire plant with no traing or guidance. There isn't a whole lot of advancement possibilites in upper Execitve leves in Tennessee.… Cons: There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have… Advice to Senior Management: The potential trainer leaves a few weeks b4 employee is brought on board. The supervisor and HR manager that interviewed the new employee left less… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Trinity Industries.

Worked for Trinity Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trinity Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trinity Industries CEO Timothy R. Wallace. All reviews posted anonymously by Trinity Industries employees.