Trinity Mirror

www.trinitymirror.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Mirror

Wasted year

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Trinity Mirror full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay and I got out with VR payment.

Cons

I could have tolerated the unpleasantness of the working environment if it wasn't for the poor management and poor communication that led to overlaps in work and the frequent feeling that you have contributed nothing. I felt completely useless while working there. I also found the lack of support in learning the systems also completely unhelpful.

Support your staff better, manage project overlaps and give up with the office politics.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Trinity Mirror (View Most Recent)

Working at the one of the most moribund extremities of a dying industry

I worked at Trinity Mirror

Pros

Great colleagues and a marginally more principled outfit than competition

Cons

Uninspiring management lacking in vision or leadership with an inability to enthuse or motivate staff. Constant (and well-justified fear) that cost-cutting means job insecurity and if that means sacrificing quality, so be it. Thoroughly dispiriting place to work. A once great institution in irreversible decline.

Don't slavishly follow what other better-funded newspapers are doing. Have more confidence in readers and staff. Lose feudal system of management so that everyone feels involved. Give staff a good idea of who the papers are "talking to". Stop obsession with share price. Make a newspaper you would actually want to read, even if it isn't aimed at you.

Declining industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

I worked at Trinity Mirror

Pros

Relatively high pay for the area. Company health scheme. Shift work that allows more time off with the family which might appeal to some

Cons

Declining industry which means prospects are slim. Constant cost cutting means very few opportunities to advance. Not a long term career.

Invest in your people with training and support. There are some good people there but constant fears of cost cutting stifles risk taking.

There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Mirror