Love it at TripAdvisor!!

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros

First and foremost, the best reason to work at TripAdvisor is the great people here. People work hard and take their jobs and careers very seriously, but also make time to have a lot of fun together. The intersection of travel and web 2.0 is an exciting business to be in. The company's fast growth (organic growth in the U.S. and internationally, plus recent acquistions of several other travel media companies) provides good opportunities for career growth. TripAdvisor works hard to maintain its entrepeneruial "start-up" feel in the way people work, but it has the size and profitibility to offer very competitive compensation and benefits. There is a good feeling of job stability and probably further growth even in the currently difficult economic enviroment.

Cons

Some "growing pains" as the company has doubled in size each of the last several years. What used to be a great feeling of knowing everyone in the company no longer exists.

Advice to Management

It is important to keep up and even increase more proactive communication with employees as the company grows - more employees, more geographies, more lines of business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love Working At TripAdvisor!

Current Employee - CPM Advertising in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - CPM Advertising in Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros

Working at TA is great because of the flexibility they provide for a work/life balance, as well as all the perks. TA offers a great benefits package, including healthplan options, 401K, plenty of vacation time, free lunch, coffee and snacks, and awesome travel benefits. TA is a very social company too. We have company outings, Friday afternoon happy hours, a softball team, and other misc social events. I also enjoy working at TA because of the people I work with. My coworkers are smart, creative and excited to be there and that motivates me.

Cons

A personal downside for me is the size of the company. I enjoy working for smaller companies, and TA is quite large and keeps growing. But I guess that's a great problem to have!

Advice to Management

I would just tell Senior Management to make sure they are staying in touch with what is going on in their departments on a day to day level. The little things often get overlooked by senior management.

2. A truly unique place to work

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros

After working for, and starting, a number of companies, big and small, I can say without reservation that it is a privilege to work with people who have created an extraordinarily successful company that is always fast, fun, challenging, and is both personally and professionally rewarding.

Cons

Have to truly love working in the consumer web space.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work