TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com

Sounded good during pre-hire

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsThe benefits are good and salary is a bit above normal for average positions. On surface, they appear to care about quality of your work environment and present growth may interfere with that and is understandable when it suffers a bit. If you are an engineer you are all set here.

ConsA lot of unprofessional "blame gaming" going on with management and departments.
Honestly some of the most unfriendly/hostile management I've ever encountered. The HR people who should be the nicest are some of the worst! Apparently it is more important to blame than it is to assess and resolve problems. I'm seeing some good people take pressure for situations beyond their control.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees! We know where the problems come from and you should trust our experience and expertise. Sometimes it more important to listen and fix problems instead of trying to cover your own "jobs".

Great place to work. Really great time in this hidden gem.

Product Manager (Former Employee) Newton, MA

I worked at TripAdvisor

Pros: A hidden gem. People don't really know what goes on at TripAdvisor, but they have a great thing going that was really special to… Cons: Only real negative I can think of is that they are like a machine so a little less… Advice to Senior Management: Try a few experiments with outside the box projects and see what happens.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent company taking a turn for the worse

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros: - used to have great benefits but since the company spun off from Expedia, benefits aren't as good - exciting projects depending upon… Cons: - company is growing too quickly and doesn't have adequate space for employees. They are currently in the process of doubling up employees into shared… Advice to Senior Management: move to new offices as soon as possible. give employees a clearer career path,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!