TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com
  www.tripadvisor.com
There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor

Was a good company, going downhill really fast!

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

decent salary
some fun co workers
generally flexible management

Cons

incompetence at many levels of management
"speed wins" is a huge lie
every day the place is getting more and more political
no more innovation, very close to stagnation
HR is useless
no real vision
not necessarily the best place to feel engaged and working on exciting stuff
culture of pointing fingers, not really interested in learning from mistakes first figure out who to blame.
the TripAdvisor for Business side of the business is a complete mess of politics, incompetence, and goal less paddling. everyone is trying to be out for themselves, no real team work. suck up to your boss and however retarded ways they might work. management go back to school and learn about basic "organizational behavior" may be you will figure out a way to fix things up.

what happened to you folks? why is this company falling apart (people wise)? why have you stopped taking risks and trying to go and do some real innovative work. stop talking and start doing. "Speed Wins" doesnt seem to exist. some really great people are leaving your company, figure out ways to keep them engaged and provide them with a real vision.
close down T4B and re-organize that side of the business with better goals and better people.

193 Other Employee Reviews for TripAdvisor (View Most Recent)

Learning a lot, great people, great job.

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros

- Learning a lot
    - Quick turnover on projects, never get bored
    - Smart people
    - Great benefits, lots of vacay time

Cons

- Emphasis is on speed, not necessarily being 100% correct
    - Can be quite stressful near release time
    - Not a relaxed, low key job - you'll be working every minute of the 8 - 10 hours you're in the office

Great place to learn how an internet company works

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros

As an engineer, I get to work on a variety of projects across the development stack, and I get to see how a very large & successful internet property is put together & run. The engineering team is one of the best I've encountered, and at least in my division, engineering has a close & productive relationship with the product & marketing teams. And the free lunches are almost too good.

Cons

Although Trip strives to keep a small company atmosphere, it's far too big for everyone to know everyone else, and I feel like the informal communications network has been stretched to its limit. Health insurance coverage is OK but inferior to what I'm used to, office space is tight, and Newton Highlands is not Kendall Square.

Face the fact that it's a big company, and no one person knows how everything works anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor