TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com

Happiness means not working at TripAdvisor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsNicely designed environment, beautiful salt water fish tank, free food & drinks (if that's what your going for in a career move), some (SOME) really good talent, useful website and excellent Iphone app.

ConsCompany projects itself one way, but internally acts very differently. Hugely political, so plan to play the game and it's not always nice. Roadblocks everywhere. Very poor to no leadership. Creativity killer. So quiet most days (w 200ish people), I used to call it the morgue. No objectives or plan laid out, just day to day work, nothing to work towards. No collaboration, no communication. Non-competitive salary (I make a lot more now that I have left).

Advice to Senior ManagementLead. Inspire. Motivate. Manage. Like you've been hired to do. Recognize the talents and assets on your team, and tap those. Respect the members of your team. Take your ego down a few notches so you can actually see who is working for you. Don't (repeatedly) blow people off. Everyone's time is valuable, not just yours. Recognize that people come w skills and experience, so let them use them. LISTEN once in awhile.

A JOKE

Director (Current Employee) Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - great benefits/perks - catered lunch - gives back to the community -… Cons: - HR team is a joke. talk about the most useless group in the company. if you tell your HR rep something be… Advice to Senior Management: Stop promoting people because you like them. Not everyone should be a manager or a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

far from start-up, close to stagnation

(Current Employee) Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros: snacks and drinks catered lunch video games (nobody plays) alcohol decent starting salary great brand… Cons: as many others say, tripadvisor is not a company that takes risks. that leads towards a lot of complacence as well as frustrated/hindered talent. probably… Advice to Senior Management: you're bleeding talent. figure it out. you're a company founded on the reviews… More
There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!