TripAdvisor
www.tripadvisor.com Newton, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great environment, a little heavy on the management

Manager (Current Employee)
Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

ProsTripAdvisor treats their employees like gold! The benefits (other than vacation time) are the best around and the people working here are genuinely nice and smart. Truly the best working environment I have ever been in. I may have gained 10 pounds though due to the amazing free lunches and the unlimited "snack" wall.

ConsAs I mentioned above, they could be better about vacation time, especially for a travel company. You start with 3 weeks vacation, no personal days. They give "Summer Fridays" but you end up having to put in 40 hours during the week that you take a summer Friday so it doesn't really feel like a perk.

Also, there are a lot of layers of management that probably do not need to exist. TA could save some money by eliminating a few layers. They can get a lot more productivity out of the staff they currently have.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere could be better training opportunities in general. They bring in outside consultants sometimes but it seems like it would be better to have people on staff full-time since from what I have seen the outside consultants they have for training are not very impressive.

Great Expanding Company

Intern (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Smart People Nice collaboration environment free lunch high growth Cons: not a clear path for career advance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Happiness means not working at TripAdvisor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Newton, MA

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nicely designed environment, beautiful salt water fish tank, free food & drinks (if that's what your… Cons: Company projects itself one way, but internally acts very differently. Hugely political, so plan to play the game and it's not always nice. Roadblocks everywhere.… Advice to Senior Management: Lead. Inspire. Motivate. Manage. Like you've been hired to do. Recognize the talents and assets on your team, and tap those. Respect the members of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!

TripAdvisor – Why Work for Us?

Exceptional career opportunities. Genuinely cool coworkers. Millions of people who love our sites. Find it all here at the world's largest travel site. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TripAdvisor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TripAdvisor CEO Stephen Kaufer. All reviews posted anonymously by TripAdvisor employees.